Monday, August 27, 2012

Jet Lag To From Philippines

Jet Lag between USA and Philippines
Jet lag to and from the Philippines

Jet Lag between USA and the Philippines


I have read different methods to alleviate jet lag. I don't think any of them work. Or maybe I have just been too busy to follow the steps. For example, one method says to change your bedtime by an hour a day for 10 days or so. Going to bed one hour earlier each day. I tried it for several nights before my flight one time. Did not see an appreciable difference after arrival at my destination.


Flying from the Philippines to Florida, USA the plane arrives at about 7 p.m. in Tampa (or 7 a.m. the next day Philippine time). Upon arriving at my house, I stay up until about 3 p.m. I always get a bad case of jet lag that lasts for about a month. Within a few days by 1 p.m. in the afternoons I am ready to go to sleep. Once I parked the car at a buffet restaurant and was walking across the parking lot to the restaurant. My eyes were very heavy, and I thought I might actually fall asleep walking. I fought it and was able to eat then go home and straight to bed.

Traveling from Florida to Manila is different. I always arrive in Manila at about 9 or 10 p.m. (which is 9 or 10 a.m. Florida, USA time. Of course, I am not ready to go to sleep, so I want someone to talk with. That keeps others awake.

By 10 a.m. the next morning it is 10 p.m. Florida time and I am ready to go to bed. I sleep until about 5 p.m. and get up and eat "breakfast." This last for several weeks, though I try to fight it. Slowly but surely, I finally get adjusted to the new time zone.

I was living in the Philippines by continually extending my visa. So, within a couple of weeks after each arrival I was almost fully adjusted to the new time zone.

If you are coming to the Philippines from the USA, you will probably be hit by jet lag. Expect to sleep most of each day in your hotel. Then you will be ready to get up and go out for the evening.

Ten tips for fighting jet lag.

If you have a method of fighting jet lag that works for you, please share it with others. Add a comment below on this page.

Use this Jet Lag Calculator and get some more advice.

If you are flying to meet ladies of the Philippines consider that you may have jet leg when you arrive. The farther you travel to the Philippines the more you will be affected by jet lag. For example, if you are traveling from New York to Manila you can expect to sleep mostly during the daylight hours and be awake at night for up to 2 weeks. Remember, New York is halfway across the world from Manila.


There are many American fast food restaurants all over the Philippines.

Was this article helpful?

If you have found this article helpful, have suggestions, advice or insights please "comment" below.


Please check back to read more about jet lag between the Philippines and other countries. Last updated June 7, 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank YOU for commenting! Please comment on more topics. Comments are moderated (subject to review). Please, no reference to violence, no advertising or advertising links unless paid as explained.



If you like a post please share it via the Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and other buttons near bottom of each post.

If you would like to advertise at this blog, send email request to vgtim@yahoo.com. I can show banner ads ($10 US per month) or link ads ($5 US per month) which will link to your website. I accept payment via PayPal. Of course, ads are subject to review.