Thursday, May 19, 2022

Indians In Philippines

Indian Sikh Punjabi



Indian Bumbay in Philippines





These videos are in jest, not to disparage Indians in the Philippines. They are pleasant people who provide services and contribute to the local economy.

Excluding the illegal immigrants, there are over 50,000 Punjabis in the Philippines as of 2016.
From Wikipedia.

Indian restaurants In Manila



Little India Healthy Cuisine

10 Best Indian Restaurants in Manila

I love Indian food. I once flew Air India from Toronto to Birmingham, UK and slept most of the way across the Atlantic Ocean. The cabin crew was so kind, they waited until all passengers had deplaned. A young stewardess tapped my shoulder and said "sir, we have arrived." Before I went to sleep they had served an Indian snack which tasted sooo good, I made the mistake of not saving the bag it was in. I have not found it again. When I arrived at customs there were only two men in front of me. Apparently they had slept across the Atlantic Ocean also. We sailed through customs!
  

Living in a Squatter Area

For a couple years I lived with my wife and her family in a "squatter" area. They had "rights" to the small two bedroom dwelling (of around forty square metres).

My relatives had a small canteen nearby where they served breakfast, lunch, and supper to tricycle drivers. Some executives, from offices across the street, would come for lunch. My wife's Mother would borrow money, "for capital" from an Indian Bumbay from time to time. He would come as a rider on a motorcycle and knock on their door. They would make a payment to him and off he would go to his next customer.

Entrance to a compound and a squatter area, Paranaque City, Metro Manila

Entrance to compound where we lived for 2 years.
In Paranaque City, Metro Manila.


Was this article helpful?

If you have found this article helpful, have suggestions, advice or insights please "comment" below.


This article will be expanded upon. Please check back for more information about Indians in the Philippines. This page last updated July 8, 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank YOU for commenting! Please comment on more topics. Comments are moderated (subject to review). Please, no reference to violence, no advertising or advertising links unless paid as explained.



If you like a post please share it via the Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and other buttons near bottom of each post.

If you would like to advertise at this blog, send email request to vgtim@yahoo.com. I can show banner ads ($10 US per month) or link ads ($5 US per month) which will link to your website. I accept payment via PayPal. Of course, ads are subject to review.